Thursday, June 5, 2008

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Yes, I know, I probably spelled the title wrong. But there's so many different ways to spell it, that eventually I gave up.

Anyways, I feel like talking about Twilight today. Most people have read the triology, soon to be a series, and I want to know what your opinions on it are. But please don't comment just to be mean or spiteful.

Personally, I think that while it's a well-written trilogy, with interesting characters, there could still be some improvements. For instance, as my friend TS likes to point out, Bella is nothing more than a boring Mary Sue-or is it Mary Jane... Oh well. On that part, I would have to agree just a little bit, though I would like to say that even though Bella has an affinity with doing laundry and being clumsy, that's what makes her human. Not every person has exciting lives where they can motorbike all day long. Furthermore, Bella is unable to really relate with people her age in Forks, and so is reduced to doing mundane activities such as laundry. I feel that it is completely understandable. After all, if you have slow internet, no really good friends, and it's always rainy, what else can you do? For Bella, it's laundry.

Anyways, that's all folks.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Wow. You actually spelled Twilight right. Kudos.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time explaining why I completeky disagree with you... BJ is going to blog about Twilight very soon as well. But I will say that *grits teeth* I... respect...your opinion. Even though it kills me to admit it. I will openly challenge you on the whole "doing mundane tasks makes Bella human" thing.While doing laundry is a normal task in a person's life, so is going to the bathroom, ironing, washing cars, etc. It still isn't interesting. Most people do not engage in exciting activities such as motorbiking, true, but that is no excuse for Bella to be a depressed, anti-social freak with clinginess issues.

And BJ will be all over Edward in the near future.

This is why I should be president.

-TS